Letter Writing Prompts for SponsorsDate posted: May 9, 2016
One of the most difficult questions our children ask us is:
“Why doesn’t my sponsor write to me?”
One of the most common responses we receive is:
“I don’t know what to write!”
The beauty of writing to your sponsored child is that they aren’t picky! They would love to hear anything from you. We know it can still feel overwhelming, though, so here are a few topics to get you started:
- Your family
- Your job/school
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What was your favorite subject?
- Do you have a pet?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Answer their questions from their letter
- Share a prayer request for you or your family
- Tell them how proud you are of them, how much you love them, or how special they are.
- Give them a bible verse to look up
- What is your favorite bible story and why?
- Remind them of God’s promises and commandments.
As you and your child exchange letters, it will be come easier to write. Start today! Your child will be so excited to hear from you!